A Word from the Pastor…
Dear Church Family,
I wanted to send you a word of encouragement and reminders as we are still navigating through Covid-19.
First, we believe that God is sovereign and in complete control over the affairs of men. And even if His ultimate purposes are still shrouded from our eyes, we know we can have a bold assurance in His continued goodness and know that His ways are righteous and just.
Second, we know that God calls to gather to worship Him and to fulfill our purpose of making disciples. Therefore, if we can gather, then we should gather. So, we continue to gather to honor God and be obedient to His Word.
• We are currently holding two worship services at 8:30 am and 11:00 am.
• We have now returned to Sunday School, but with an interim plan that involves eight of our adult classes rotating and sharing larger classrooms.
• We are currently holding Wednesday meetings for Adult Bible Study, Youth, and children at 6:30 pm.
We are recording Sunday morning worship and the Mid-Week Bible Study and loading them up to our church website. We are streaming live on our church Facebook page the 11 am worship and the Mid-Week Bible Study, but the quality is not as good as the recordings on the website (yet).
We are working toward having the Fellowship Hall equipped properly as an overflow area for our 11am worship service. It is tentatively planned to be up and running on August 9.
Third, It is important for every attender to follow the expectations we have created for one another regarding the precautions we are taking to prevent the potential spread of coronavirus. The virus is spread primarily from person to person in close contact with each other through respiratory droplets. And we know that it can be spread by those who have the virus, but are not showing any symptoms. See here.
Therefore, precautions are common sense as we gather. These precautions protect you and your family and others who are gathering with you and their families. Here is what we are asking of everyone who comes to church.
The BIG EXPECTATIONS:
As you enter the building, move about the building, talk to people, and exit the building, wear a face mask. You may remove it only after you have been seated for the service or in your classroom and properly distanced from non-family members.
When the worship service concludes, please exit the sanctuary and talk and socialize outside. The risk factor increases the longer people remain in the same space breathing the same air.
Additionally, we encourage you to use the hand sanitizer provided as you enter the building and use the supplies provided in bathrooms to sanitize after use.
I’m asking everyone to please think of others in regard to wearing the face covering. Wearing the mask, even if you don’t like it, is an act of love and thoughtfulness for others. I hope no one would want to be the one who discouraged others from coming by choosing not to wear a mask. It is so simple. Please, wear the mask.
The threat of coronavirus is as real now as it has ever been, and we must remain diligent for one another. We are blessed that the impact in Moore County has been relatively low. See here. However, nationwide the numbers continue to increase significantly. See here. We will continue to gather, but we can clearly understand that precautions are wise and necessary.
Fourth, we continue to maintain a posture of grace and patience toward each other. People will return to church when they feel comfortable doing so. For some it is an easy decision to return. For others it is difficult. Our circumstances are different and our toleration for risk is different. I want everyone who comes during Covid-19 to find the most hospitable, joyful and reasonably cautious place in Moore County!
God has been incredibly gracious to Aberdeen First Baptist. He has given us tremendous provision and opportunity. Likewise, let’s all be gracious and good stewards of all He has given to ensure the best experience for all who come. During this season of testing, let’s make sure that we continue to be faithful to the Lord and love each other. My encouragement to you is the same the Apostle Paul gave to the Philippian Christians, “So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” (Phil. 2:1-4)
Worship & Sunday School Schedules
Currently, We Have Two Opportunities For Worship: 8:30 am & 11:00 am
What to expect…
We will have a nursery for birth through 3 years.
- Each child’s temperature will be checked with a forehead thermometer upon entry.
- The nursery area will have been thoroughly sanitized.
- Toys available to toddlers will be limited.
- Children 4 years and up will go to worship. There will be no children’s church at this time.
As you come to the sanctuary for worship…
- Traffic flow will be one way. You will enter through the side doors and exit through the main front doors.
- The handicap ramp door and the elevator will be open to those who may need them.
- Ushers will be outside the building helping you to know where to enter the building.
- Greeters will be tasked to sanitize the sanctuary pews before each service.
- Greeters, who will be masked, will hold doors open for you as you enter and leave the building.
- As you come into the sanctuary, you will see sections marked off with blue tape to aid with physical distancing.
- There will be no bulletins.
- Offering plates will not be passed. You will be able place your offering into a plate on your way in or out of the sanctuary.
- We ask that you do not linger and socialize in the sanctuary after the worship service concludes, but we encourage you to do so outside.
We Also Want You to Know About…
Sunday school is under an interim plan that limits the number of attendees. Children and youth meet each week. Most adult classes rotate every other week. Classes are encouraged to meet in other locations or Zoom on off Sundays.
Our Mid-Week Bible Study meets in the sanctuary on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm. We will use the same procedures and precautions used for Sunday mornings.
Please remember, we will be recording our services and posting the videos for viewing on the website, the app and our YouTube Channel.
In our APP, you can view the services under the “Worship Services” tab, which is found listed under the second icon (AFBC) from the bottom left in the app.
You will also be able to view our services by clicking on the link “Videos” on the top navigational menu on our website.
If you need any assistance at all, please do not hesitate to contact us: (910) 944-1421 or [email protected] Thanks!